Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is a fun twist to a favorite classic breakfast.
The French Toast is stuffed with homemade fresh strawberry sauce and egg-soaked bread cooked to golden brown perfection.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST NOT SOGGY?
To avoid soggy french toast, you want to use thicker bread.
We like to use Italian loaf bread that we slice into thicker pieces. You can also use Texas Toast.
You’ll gently batter each side of the bread, so the whole piece of bread is not soaked in the egg mixture.
If you use thin pieces of bread, it could soak up too much of the egg mixture, which results in soggy french toast
HOW TO STUFF FRENCH TOAST
This recipe is unlike other similar stuffed french toast recipes. We are not going to make the fresh strawberry sauce and put it between two pieces of bread.
Instead, we will stuff each piece of bread to make a true Strawberry Stuffed French Toast recipe.
Since we are using thicker bread, we are going to stuff the piece of bread.
Slice the Italian bread into 2.5-inch slices. Then take each slice, stand up, and cut 3/4 of an inch from the top down to make a pocket in the bread. (Don’t cut all the way through).
Then Stuff each slice with the strawberry mixture. Fill each pocket a little more than half way. Then press gently to close
STRAWBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1 quart Fresh Strawberries (washed in quarter inch slices)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Italian Loaf Bread
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 tbsp group cinnamon
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- 2 cups syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- In sauce pan, mix sliced strawberries and granulated sugar on medium to high heat for approx 2 mins. Stir the entire time. Let cool slightly.
- Slice the Italian bread into 2.5 inch slices. Then take each slice of bread, stand up and cut 3/4 of inch from the top down to make pocket in the bread. (Don't cut all the the way through)
- Stuff each slice with the strawberry mixture. Fill each pocket a little more than half way. Then press gently to close.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, and half-and-half (or milk). Gently batter each side of the bread slices. Then place in a hot skillet on medium heat. Cook approx. 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and dust with cinnamon and powder sugar.
- In a small sauce pan, add syrup and butter. Heat until butter is melted. Mix thoroughly. Drizzle the syrup over the stuffed strawberry french toast and serve.