Corned Beef and Cabbage is the most famous dinner to eat on St. Patrick’s Day but it can also be enjoyed all year long.
Tender Corned Beef will melt in your mouth. It is slow-cooked with cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for a heart family meal.
The Best Recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage
This is the best recipe for Connected Beef and Cabbage. It has a secret ingredient that truly makes the flavors burst in your mouth.
And the best part – it is extremely easy to make.
Corned beef is a tough beef so regardless on how you make it, it will need to cook for hours to make it a tender meat.
How to Cook Corned Beef and Cabbage
Place your Corned Beef Brisket into a large Stock Pot.
Pour water over the corned beef until it is completely covered with water. Add pickle juice, salt, and pepper. If your Corned Beef came with a seasoning packet, add it now.
Bring the Large Stock Pot to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for approx. 3 hours. You will want to read the instructions that came with your corned beef as time may vary depending on the size of your meat.
Once the meat is fork tender, remove the meat from the pot. Let it rest until steam stops pouring out of it (approx. 10 minutes). Then move it to the refrigerator to chill. It is much easier to cut when it is cold.
Cut your potatoes to 1.5″ cube and add it to the large pot. Bring the large pot back up to a boil and let the Potatoes cook for approx. 15 minutes.
Next you will want to add the carrots and boil for approx 10 minutes.
Next cut your cabbage into 1″ cube and break apart. Add to the pot and boil for approx. 2 minutes.
Now take meat out of the refrigerator to slice. You will want to slice the corned beef against the grain. Trim off any fatty parts and discard.
Drop the trimmed and sliced meat into the large pot and shut the heat off. Serve from there.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket (3-4 lbs)
- 3-5 Cloves Garlic
- 2 lbs Red Bliss Potatoes
- 2 lbs Baby Carrots
- 1 head Cabbage
- 10 ounces Pickle Juice
- Salt and Peppercorns
- Place the Corned Beef into a large stock pot. Pour water into the pot until is covers the Corned Beef. Add the Pickle juice, salt and peppercorns. If your Corned Beef came with a seasoning packet, add it now.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for approx. 3 hours. (Follow the instructions that came with your corned beef as length of time will vary depending on the size of meat).
- Once the Corned beef is fork tender, remove the meat from the pot. Let it rest until steam stops pouring out of it (approx. 10 minutes). Then move to the refrigerator to chill. (It is easier to slice cold).
- Cut your potatoes to 1.5" cube and add to the pot. Bring the pot back up to boil for approx. 6 minutes.
- Then add the carrots to the pot with the potatoes. Boil for approx. 8 minutes.
- Next cut your cabbage into 1" cube and break apart. Add to the pot and boil for approx. 2 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator to slice. You will want to slice the corned beef against the grain. Trim off any fatty parts and discard.
- Drop the trimmed, sliced corned beef into the pot and shut the heat off. Serve from there.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
This Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe is a hearty family meal that will be enjoyed by everyone. It is an all in one meal that is full. of flavor with tender meat.
If you are looking for more all-in-one meals, check out Keto Crack Chicken.