Homemade Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is an easy and delicious banana bread recipe that is moist and full of chocolate chips.
This Banana Bread recipe is loaded with banana and chocolate chips.
Just make sure you use very ripe bananas, which will enhance the banana flavor. You can then use a Food Processor to turn them into banana puree so you can easily mix it into the rest of the ingredients with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer until smooth.
It is very similar to Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, which has been a HIT this Fall season.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cup Granulated sugar
- 6 Bananas, over riped
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extra
- 11.5 Semisweet Chocolate Chips (divided use)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat Oven to 350° F. Coat a 10" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips. Save approx. 4 oz of the chocolate chips for the top.
- In a Food Processor, add the 6 ripened bananas and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for approx. 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then run a thin plastic knife along the edge to loosen the bread.
- Let the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread cool in the loaf pan, then invert, slice and serve.If bread is sticking to the bottom of the pan, use your stove top to heat up the bottom of the pan over a medium heat for approx. 3 minutes then invert.