Steamers are a summer seafood appetizer perfect for sharing. Steamers are cooked in a garlic and white wine broth and then dipped in hot melted butter before eating.
This easy steamers recipe is a quick and delicious seafood recipe. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you can have delicious steamers ready in just a few minutes.
I am so fortunate that I grew up in New England. Fresh Seafood is always so easy to get. The best summer meal has always been fresh steamed lobsters and steamers.
Dipping steamed clams in hot melted butter is so flavorful and delicious. So make sure you buy plenty of clams.
WHAT ARE STEAMERS?
Steamers are a soft shelled clam that lives in the sand. They are often called Steamer clams.
They are called steamers because you steam them before eating them.
If you follow this Steamers Recipe, you’ll have a delicious summer seafood meal in no time.
HOW TO COOK STEAMERS
This Steamers Recipe is a very easy seafood recipe to make.
Before you cook steamers, you will want to clean them. Steamers live in the sand so they can be sandy.
Fill a bowl with cold water and submerge the steamers. You want to rinse out the sand. Swirl the steamers around. Be gentle with them because they can be easy to crack. Once they are rinsed, remove them from the water.
Next you will want to mince some garlic.
Once the garlic is ready, add the garlic and oil to a 12 inch Saute Pan over high heat for approx. 1 minute. Once the garlic starts to brown, add the wine and the steamers. Then sprinkle salt and pepper over the clams.
Once all the steamers are done, take a few ladles of the broth and pour into a small bowl.
Melt the butter over low heat and serve on the side.
HOW TO EAT STEAMERS
Steamers are so delicious and easy to eat.
You’ll want to serve the steamers on a plate with a side of melted butter and a side of clam broth.
Once you remove the clam from the shell, you’ll want to dip the clam in the clam broth and then dip it immediately into the melted butter and then eat it.
Serving steamers with a steamed lobster is the perfect New England Seafood meal. You can make both dishes in no time to make a quick and easy seafood dinner.
EASY STEAMERS RECIPE
Easy Steamers Recipe
- 1 lbs steamers
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine (Chablis)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 stick butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Fill a bowl with cold water and submerge the steamers to rinse. Swirl the steamers around to rinse. Once they are rinsed, remove them from the water.
- Mince the garlic
- In a large Saute Pan, add oil and minced garlic over high heat until the garlic starts to brown (approx 1 minute),
- Stir in wine and then add the steamers. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the steamers.
- Toss the steamers gently (be careful not to break the steamers).
- Cover the saute pan and steam for 2 minutes (or until shells open). Once the steamers have opened, remove from the saute pan. Once all the steamers are done, take a few ladles of the broth and pour into a small bowl.
- Melt the butter over low heat until melted
- Serve the steamers on a plate with a side of melted butter and a side of clam broth.