This Roasted Turkey will sure be a hit this Thanksgiving Dinner. Your Turkey will come out extremely moist, crispy skin, and full of flavor.
Learn how to cook a Herb Roasted Turkey so you you can say goodbye to those days where you had dry, overcooked Turkey meals. This Easy Turkey Recipe pairs well with this easy homemade stuffing recipe.
And the best part? There is no need to get up a 6am to put the Turkey in the Oven.
Unless of course you are trying to eat your Thanksgiving Meal at 10 am.
How To Cook A Roasted Turkey
Cooking this Herb Roasted Turkey is very straightforward and easy to make.
The Turkey Skin will come out crispy, the turkey meat is juicy and full of flavor, and the gravy is amazing. This has always been the preferred method on how to cook a Roasted Turkey. The turkey is always a hit at all of our holiday meals.
First you want to rough chop the Celery, Onion, and Carrots. We were making stuffing at the same time, so we used those scraps and placed them in the bottom of the Turkey Pan. Then we added Turkey stock to the pan.
Make sure the Turkey Broth does not touch the Turkey once you add the turkey to the pan.
Now you can prepare the Turkey by removing the giblet. Then place the Turkey on the Rack.
Next you will pick the herbs to separate the leaves from the stems. Put the stems inside the turkey and then do a fine chop on the leaves. Mix the herbs and the mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
I know it sounds weird to use Mayonnaise but trust me, it comes out SO AMAZING. The Turkey doesn’t taste like mayonnaise at all. This Herb Mayonnaise mixture is the perfect ingredient that keeps the turkey juicy and moist.
Then coat the outside and the inside of the turkey with the Herb Mayonnaise. It’s easier to lather it on with your hands.
Next, cut the lemons into quarters and squeeze lemon juice all over the Turkey. Then add the used lemon wedges to the inside of the bird.
Next liberally coat Turkey with Salt and Pepper.
Roast the Turkey in a 350 degree oven for approx 2 hours and 15 minutes. Actual time will vary depending on the size of the bird and type of oven. So to confirm if the Turkey is down, you will need to use a thermometer.
Insert the thermometer into the thigh to get the internal temperature of the Turkey. You want the Turkey to be at 165 degree F. Once the thigh reads the correct temperature, check the internal temperature of the breast and other points of the Turkey to make sure it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
You need to make sure it reads the correct temperature before you remove the Turkey from the Oven. Once the turkey is out of the oven, let it rest before you carve it.
How To Cook A Herb Roasted Turkey
Herb Roasted Turkey
- 12-14 lb. Turkey, thawed
- 18 oz Sage
- 18 oz Thyme
- 18 oz Rosemary
- 1.5 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 Onion
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Lemons
- 2 – 32 oz Turkey Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the Over to 350 degrees.
- Rough Chop the celery sticks, onion, and carrots into large pieces (If you are making stuffing at the same time, you can use your scraps for this part). Place them on the bottom of the Turkey Pan
- Pour the Turkey Stock into the bottom of the Turkey Pan. Make sure the Turkey does not touch the broth.
- Remove the giblets from the inside of the Turkey and place the Turkey on the rack in the Turkey Pan
- Take all the herbs and pick them. Put the stems inside the turkey. Chop the leaves fine and place into a bowl. Add mayonnaise to the same bowl and mix well.
- Coat the outside and inside of the turkey with the Herb Mayonnaise.
- Squeeze the lemons all over the outside of the Turkey. Stuff the used Lemon wedges inside the turkey
- Liberally coat the Turkey with Salt and Pepper
- Roast the Turkey in a 350 degree-F Oven for approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes, (time may vary depending on size and oven type). Always use a thermometer to check the Turkey's Temperature. The internal thigh should read 165 degrees F. Also check that the breast and other parts of the turkey has an internal temperature of 165 degrees-F
- Once the Turkey is done, remove from oven and let it rest for 30-45 minutes before carving.