Homemade Italian Sausage Meatballs is a classic recipe that is made with ground beef and ground Italian sausage to keep them juicy, moist, and full of flavor.
A lot of tops chefs use a mixture of ground meat, such as beef and pork veal to change texture and flavor. Some will even use chicken, but chicken can be dry.
So an easy way to make a juicy meatball without effort is by adding ground sausage.
Adding Ground Italian sausage to the homemade meatball mixture adds flavor and the right amount of texture. It also gives the Italian style meatballs the right amount of seasoning.
Many people like to make meatballs with ground pork, but then they try to season it to make it more like a sausage. So skip the ground pork and just add ground sausage to your meatballs.
You can then serve your Italian Sausage Meatballs as hors d’oeuvres or over your favorite pasta.
Italian Sausage Meatballs
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 lbs Ground Italian Sausage (no casing)
- 2-3 Cloves Peeled Garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Parmesan Romano
- 1 ounce Kosher Salt
- 1/2 ounce Black Pepper
- In a Food Processor, blend garlic and onion until it is a paste form.
- In a Large Mixing, add Ground Beef, Ground Italian Sausage, garlic and onion blend, Eggs, Italian Style Bread Crumbs, Milk, Parmesan Cheese, Salt and Pepper. Mix well by hand.
- Add Large Mixing bowl ingredients to a Kitchen aid Stand Mixer. Mix with paddle for up to 2 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Form the meatballs. Using a large cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop and roll the mixture into 3-tablespoon balls and place them on a baking sheet. (Tip: Place a cup of water and dip the cookie scoop in water as needed to prevent meat from sticking)
- Add water to baking sheet until pan is halfway filled with water.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until an internal temperature of the meatballs is 160°F. Remove pan and dump water out.
- Place meatballs in a serving bowl and serve right away.