Jalapenos wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream are a low carb and keto friendly appetizer that will have flavors bursting in your mouth after every bite.
Jalapenos wrapped in bacon have always been a crowd-pleasing appetizer. At a recent party and they were such a hit that they were gone in minutes.
Jalapenos wrapped in bacon are easy to make and healthier than the traditional jalapeno poppers because they are baked and not breaded or fried.
Jalapeno poppers are a low carb appetizer and great for Keto (if you leave the sugar out).
How To Adjust The Spiciness?
I love spicy food, so I love to eat jalapenos.
But some people don’t like the spice. It’s very easy to adjust the spice level in the Jalapenos wrapped in bacon.
You can make the jalapenos not spicy by removing all of the seeds and membranes. If you want them spicy, keep some or all of the seeds in the pepper.
You adjust the spice level by the amount of seeds you leave in the jalapeno.
Jalapenos Wrapped In Bacon
- 7 Jalapenos
- 14 strips Bacon
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix together soften cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the jalapenos in half and deseed them (wear gloves to protect your hands). The more white you leave in the pepper, the spicier they will be.
- Blanch the jalapenos (Boil them for approx. 1-2 minutes and then immediately cool them in ice water).
- Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese mixture
- Wrap the bacon around the Jalapeno and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 425 degrees until bacon is crispy (Depends on bacon but approx. 10 mins). Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.