Jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon is the ultimate appetizers. The flavors will burst in your mouth after every bite. Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in bacon are the perfect party appetizer.
I served these crowd-pleasing appetizer at a recent party and they were a hit. They are easy to make and healthier than the traditional jalapeno poppers because they are baked and not breaded and fried.
Jalapeno poppers are a low carb appetizer and great for Keto (if you leave the sugar out).
How To Adjust The Spiciness?
I love spicy food, so I love to eat jalapenos. But some people don’t like the spice. It’s very easy to adjust the spice level in the Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in bacon.
You can make the jalapenos not spicy by removing all of the seeds and membranes. If you want them spicy, keep some or all of the seeds in the pepper. You adjust the spice level by the amount of seeds you leave in the jalapeno.
- 7 Jalapenos
- 14 strips Bacon
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix together soften cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the jalapenos in half and deseed them (wear gloves to protect your hands). The more white you leave in the pepper, the spicier they will be.
- Blanch the jalapenos (Boil them for approx. 1-2 minutes and then immediately cool them in ice water).
- Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese mixture
- Wrap the bacon around the Jalapeno and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 425 degrees until bacon is crispy (Depends on bacon but approx. 10 mins). Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.