These Stuffed Peppers will become one of your favorite go-to recipes. They are incredibly easily to make and the whole family will enjoy it.
We like to serve stuffed pepper halves because we find them to be very filling; but you can easily serve the whole stuffed pepper.
- 3 Large Red Bell Peppers (with 4 bumps and flat as possible so it can stand up)
- 1/2 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage Meat (not links)
- 1/2 lb. Ground Beef (80/20)
- 1 Box of COOKED Near East Rice Pilaf (choose your favorite flavor)
- 14.5 oz. Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp. Garlic Oil
- Taco Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cut the top of the peppers off and put aside. Clean the peppers by removing seeds and veins. Take the pepper tops and remove the stem and dice the peppers approx. 1/2 cubes.
- Brown the sausage and ground beef together with oil in a Saute pan . Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Add the diced peppers and cook for approx. 1 minute. Strain into a strainer
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cooked rice with the Sausage and ground beef mixture to make your pepper stuffing.
- After one hour, remove from oven and remove the peppers from the glass baking dish and drain excess liquid in dish.
- Cut each pepper in half the long way and lay flat on the same glass baking dish. Top with Taco Shredded Cheese. Then place the glass baking dish back into the oven for approx. 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once ready, remove from heat and serve.
If you are looking for another easy to make dinner recipe: Chicken Parmesan