Homemade Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting are soft, gooey, and packed with fall flavors.
If you love Fall and anything pumpkin, you are going to LOVE these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.
They are so easy to make and it will fill your house with all the best fall scents.
These Homemade Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are made with pumpkin puree in the dough fill with a sweet cinnamon swirl and then drizzled with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
They are the perfect fall treat for those chilly days.
PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS
- 4 1/4 cups All-purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 tbsp. Active dried yeast
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Confectionary Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter, Softened
MAKE THE DOUGH
- In a Kitchen Aid Stand mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, pumpkin spice and salt. In a another mixing, whisk together milk, melted butter, canned pumpkin, and sugar until smooth. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and the dough hook to combine until a scraggly dough balls forms.
- Remove the bowl from the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer and cover the bowl with a clean flour sack and rest at room temperature until dough is puffy. It should double in size (approx. 1-2 hours)
- Once the dough is ready, take a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Sprinkle a generous amount of flour over the lined baking sheet. Place the dough on the baking sheet and sprinkle more flour on top of the dough. Use your fingers to press the dough into a rectangle that is the shape of the the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice until it's a mixed paste. Now spread that evenly all over the dough.
- From the longer side, Roll the dough up tightly. Brush off the extra flour from the bottom of the dough as you roll it. Pinch the seams together and place the log seam down in front of you to slice in approx. 10-12 rolls. Place the rolls in a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover the rolls with a clean flour sack and let them rest for approx. 30 minutes or until puffy. Preheat the oven to 360°F. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Let the rolls cool on the pan for approx. 5 minutes and then move them to a cooling rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectionary sugar, and softened butter until smooth. As soon as the rolls are ready to cool on the cooling rack, Frost immediately